Mom life is just about the best, but it can also be tiring, stressful, and downright confusing. While we navigate the beautiful waters of raising our babies together, I love to turn to experts for different ways to fix some of my top parenting problems.
From how to survive a day at the beach with a baby to which snacks and activities are best to pack for a road trip with toddlers, to organizing tips and cleaning hacks, today's mom bloggers have some of the best ideas. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Use a mesh bag for washing kids' socks. What the what? How many times have you bid adieu far too soon to your kiddo's socks, because they mysteriously go missing in the washing machine or dryer? A cheap laundry bag can solve that problem, STAT. Mind. Blown. (Check out Life with My Littles for more mom hacks!)
2. Take a fitted sheet to the beach with Baby. Our first few beach days with my baby girl were a mess of sand, sunscreen, and tears. Once I learned about this cool trick, I never looked back! (This image has been circling the Web for a while now and I wish I knew who the smart mama behind it was, because I would thank her myself!)
3. Set up a "While Mommy Works Box." I'm all about this tip from Allison Lindstrom's blog, filled with activities and games to help get you through those days when the kids are all up in your business and you need to, well, get to business! Tell me in the comments what you'd put in your while mommy works box.
4. Make "fairy toast." Got picky eaters? Get food coloring and sprinkles. Blogger Jenny Gerson of Our Life in Rose Gold went through a period when her picky little four-year-old was refusing to eat much of anything, so she starting serving whole grain toast and vegan cream cheese with a bit of food coloring and letting her little sprinkle it with "fairy dust" for a super-special (and secretly nutritious) treat.
5. Plastic cupcake liners can do more than you think! Slip them up the bottom of a popsicle to keep the mess from dripping down onto little ones' hands as they slurp. Place them inside your cupholders in the car to collect change and keep dust and grime at bay. What else have you figured out to put these suckers to work? Tell us in the comments!
Idea via: The Nerd's Wife
6. Keep school papers to sign by lunchbox filler. How many times have you gotten that nagging suspicion that you neglected to sign a field trip permission slip? This easy solution is pure genius!
Image via: Babble
7. Fashion a switch guard to prevent waste. Switch-happy kids can be a real pain in the electric bill. This quick and easy light switch cover DIY from The Child at Heart blog is a great solution.
8. Sneak veggies into their dessert. Yeah, you read that right. Picky eaters can be tough, but this summer serve up vegetable-infused ice pops for a tasty win-win they'll never suspect are a healthy treat!
Photo & Recipe: Kids Activities Blog
9. Put your dishwasher to work. Did you know that yours can wash shoes, toys, and a ton of other surprising home-and-family related stuff in the dishwasher? Check out a complete list here and thank us later.
10. Get crafty with confidence. Nothing is more fun that arts and crafts with the littles, but this awesome YouTube tutorial video features a ton of organization and other tips to help craft time run smoothly.