Guest post by Lacie Martin from Raise Them Well
Navigating a full-time career while raising a family isn’t easy. Especially when you’re working from home with young kids, keeping your family on the far side of chaos can be challenging. Fortunately, there are plenty of helpful tips to ensure balance and a little less insanity at home.
Schedules Are Your Friend
Kids tend to thrive on regular routines, and parents do, too. Outlining what works can help keep you and your family on the right track.
- Create a routine that works for you and your kids.
- De-stress your AM routine for a better start to the day.
- Make sure to set aside time for yourself and your hobbies.
Professional Help Is Worth the Cost
Many parents stress over outsourcing. However, the truth is that any outside help that saves you time is worth the investment.
- Schedule grocery pickup or delivery to make shopping easier.
- Invest in a cleaning service to save time.
- Hire out dog walking and other pet responsibilities.
Prioritize Efficiency for Better Balance
Spending extra hours on work isn’t ideal. However, by focusing on efficiency, you can streamline your workday and home responsibilities.
- Use time-saving professional tools for productivity.
- Set your workday up for efficiency, even with kids at home.
- Employ mental focus techniques for better performance.
Make Time for Special Traditions with the Family
Handling your professional responsibilities is a priority. But setting aside special time for your family is also essential for curbing the chaos at home.
- Have dinner together at least a few nights per week.
- Plan special mommy-and-me dates with your kids.
- Use the time you have wisely for a meaningful connection.
Running a household and managing a career may not be easy, but it’s possible with the right techniques. Try out these solutions next time your home gets a bit chaotic, and you might find that full-time telecommuting plus parenting is a less intimidating combination than expected.
Photo via Pexels